“GABION REVETMENT AND REINFORCED RETAINING WALLS SOLUTIONS FOR STEEP SLOPES - WATER RESOURCES SOLUTIONS OF MACCAFERRI CORPORATE (ITALY)” SEMINAR.
The workshop attracted the participation of managers, chairmen, and designers of irrigation work in the Mekong Delta in the field of coastal and riverbank erosion prevention.
From the Southern Institute of Water Resources Research, there was the attendance of the Deputy Director - Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Nghia Hung, leaders of affiliated agencies and a large number of scientific and technical staff in the Institute.
From Vinh Hung Trading, Consulting and Construction JSC, there was the participation of the General Director of the company - Mr. Vo Ta Luong, Mr. Dao Trung Dung - Director of Ho Chi Minh Branch, and company staff.
The workshop listened to representatives of Vinh Hung Trading, Consulting, and Construction JSC presenting the contents of MACCAFERRI irrigation solutions, including:
1. Overview of MACCAFERRI irrigation works solutions:
- Soft and monolithic structures are effective against undetermined erosion, vandalism, or depth. Well compatible with soil contours (allowing deviation without damage) maintain protection.
- Gabions and stone rugs are absorbent structures, which allow groundwater permeability and filtration.
- Sustainable over time: Lifespan is up to 120 years.
2. Detailed solutions of MACCAFERRI:
- Double-twisted steel mesh preventing pull-off due to damage of a broken strand is protected against corrosion by two layers of protection: The first layer is Zn-Al zinc alloy plated by EN 10244-2; the second layer coated with highly corrosion resistant polymer according to EN 10245-1, average thickness 0.5 mm.
- The gabions are made of double twisted wire mesh in various sizes and are evenly divided into inner cells, linked with similar blocks, and filled with 10 - 20 cm stone at project areas to form a monolithic retaining structure, permeability, soft structure, to protect channel and dam against erosion.
- The anchor is a twisted wire mesh that plays the role of soil reinforcement. Materials used are embankment soil, local rock, and anchored steel gabions imported from abroad. The solution of the above-anchored gabion is a structure that easily adapts to the displacement of the ground, suitable for retaining works in river and sea areas. The MACCAFERRI gabion solution has a lifespan of up to 120 years because the steel mesh is coated with 2 layers of protection, Zn90 / Al10 alloy coating, abrasion-resistant Polimac coating, the system is designed based on the principle of soil reinforcement, so the more you use it. use, the more stable the system is due to the higher interaction of the embankment with the anchors.
3. Main construction plan: Manually arrange stone and use a lanyard to prevent the gabion's bulge and be placed about 3cm higher than the gabion for natural settlement of the stone.
4. Overview of the current state of the solution
5. Reference works project
Representatives of the agency and scientists, design staff attending the workshop have exchanged, discussed, and commented on the solution of the MACCAFERRI anchored rock gabions revetment solution. The comments and discussions of scientists and designers at the seminar are the basis for Vinh Hung Trade, Consulting, and Construction JSC to study, add and clarify technical indicators of the product to cooperate in research and application of experimental projects with the Institute coming time.
The workshop spent most of the time discussing the possibilities and scope of applications, specifications, construction methods, prices,…. of the anchor, rock gabion solution and the advantages and disadvantages of this solution compared to gabion solutions that are widely used in flow control, riverbank protection projects in the Mekong Delta, the Southeast, and the Central Coast.
The workshop ended successfully at 11:00 on the same day.
Some pictures of the workshop: