The Feba expansion joint is a standard asphaltic plug joint which provides a flexible, waterproof joint suitable for low to medium movement on road bridges. The joint meets the current standards in Vietnam such as TCCS25-2019/TCĐBVN. Expansion joints are recognized as being suitable for a maximum design movement of 25mm along the bridge and 1.5mm vertically.
Feba expansion joints are classified based on movement capacity as below
- FEBA joint is not only simple to install but easy to detail at the design stage. The road can be opened in 2 – 3 hours after installation resulting in minimum traffic disruption which results in a significant saving of associated traffic management costs
- The minimum lifetime is as long as the lifetime of bridge’s wearing coat (≥10 years) under normal conditions of operation and the maintenance is not required.
- The joint materials have the similar modulus of elasticity of asphalt concrete offering the smooth movement of passing vehicles.
- The joint can be installed during night time so the vehicles can pass through in the daytime of the following day.
- It offers the beautifulness for the roads thanks to the similar color between the joint resin and road surface.
- The joint can be replaced rapidly and simply and can be replaced meter by meter.
- It is not required the maintenance work during the joint’s operation works.
- The joint is totally watertight
4. INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
Step 1: Position the joint;
Step 2: Cut asphalt concrete according to joint size
Step 3: Make the trench
Step 4: Clean the joint
Step 5: Clean the trench with hot air
Step 6: Clean the asphalt concrete surface with brush
Step 7: Insert the gap insert with specialized materials
Step 8: Pre-coat with binder on the gap insert before placing the metal bridging plate over the gap
Step 9: Insert the metal bridging plate
Step 10: Pour the binder on surface
Step 11: Pour the mixture